901 Tower Drive Suite 420
Troy, Michigan 48098
The problem with automotive blogs is that there are so many, you can’t possibly follow them all.
One recent post we found, the “Top 100 Auto Blogs Every Car Enthusiast Must Read”, helped cull the list down a bit, but it’s still pretty unmanageable … and very consumer-focused.
So, for the busy executive who works for an automotive supplier or a new mobility technology provider in North America – and needs a business-to-business perspective — we have whittled the list down.
Here is a list of our favorite digital blogs and newsletters that can help auto supplier and technology executives stay ahead amidst the disruption in today’s automotive industry.
We selected these blogs based on relevance for the auto supplier sector and the quality of information and insight, rather than on general popularity or the frequency of posts.
1. AD&P Blog – From Automotive Design & Production magazine editor Gary Vasilash, the AD&P blog features an industry veteran’s perspective on a wide range of automotive OEM and supplier topics – management, electronics, materials, design, sales, production and more.
2. Auto Extremist – An unconventional blog on the auto industry by long-time auto industry observer Peter DeLorenzo, who is known for his incendiary commentaries and laser-accurate analysis of the automobile business, as well as racing and the business of motorsports. DeLorenzo is considered one of the most influential voices commenting on the auto business today.
3. Autoblog – Lead by editor-in-chief Greg Migliore, Autoblog covers auto news, auto shows and reviews, as well as lots of consumer research, ownership and car-buying info, so it provides a good overview from the consumer perspective, in a concise form, for supplier execs.
4. Automotive News Blog – Posts from various Automotive News reporters around the globe, on topics concentrated on the automotive OEM industry and automotive retail.
5. Axios Autonomous Vehicles – twice-weekly newsletter from veteran auto/business reporter Joann Muller on the future of transportation, especially self-driving technology and its impact upon the economy, policy and society.
6. IHS Markit Automotive Blog – Observations and insights from a leading global research, analysis and forecasting firm on major automotive trends and issues.
7. LMC Automotive Blog – Insights and analysis for suppliers in the global auto industry by LMC Automotive, a top provider of global sales and production forecasts for light vehicles, trucks, and buses, as well as forecasts of engine and transmission supply and demand.
8. Navigant Research Automotive Industry Insight Blog – Insightful posts on automated driving, mobility services, telematics, connectivity, cybersecurity, propulsion systems, and automotive business by analyst Sam Abuelsamid, a former product development engineer and automotive journalist, who now regularly contributes to a number of publications, including Forbes and Automotive Engineering magazine.
9. Strategy Analytics Automotive Blog – Produced by Roger Lanctot, a long-time electronic industry market analyst specializing in automotive, topics include connected vehicles, autonomous vehicles, infotainment & telematics, In-vehicle UX, and electronics for powertrain, body, chassis and safety systems.
10. The Detroit Bureau – News blog/website providing a wide variety of auto industry articles and insights by veteran Detroit automotive reporter Paul Eisenstein and his colleagues, covering a wide range of automotive topics of interest to suppliers.
If you have additional suggestions, please leave them in the comments section below.
You might also enjoy:
1) The Top 10 North American Influencers for Automotive Suppliers
2) The Top 8 Audio Podcasts for Automotive Suppliers & Mobility Technology Providers
3) Top 9 Video Podcasts / Newscasts for North American Automotive & Mobility Suppliers
Thank you. Great article. This post is very helpful
business analytics course in chennai
Thank you for sharing this great blog. I have gained more information on your blog.