888 W. Big Beaver Road Suite 777
Troy, Michigan 48084
P: 248.269.1122 F: 248.269.8202
The internet is flooded with video content with an automotive theme, especially content aimed at auto consumers and car enthusiasts, typically providing car reviews, purchasing advice, repair tips and other consumer-related topics.
For executives working for OEM automotive suppliers and new mobility technology suppliers, finding online video content that provides insight on the workings of the global auto industry … and helps them make better business decisions … is a bit more challenging.
As a specialist in automotive supplier and mobility technology PR in North America, we offer our list of favorite video programs that can help you keep up with the ever-changing automotive supplier landscape in North America:
1. AutoBeat Daily videos – Periodic, short (three-minute) videos on a single subject relating to the auto business, product, mobility, technology, powertrain, hybrid, sales and other topics. Prepared by the staff of AutoBeat Daily, a daily news brief for top automotive industry executives and key decision makers. https://www.autobeatdaily.com/articles/list/videos
2. Autoline After Hours – a weekly live and fun webcast that focuses on new cars and technology and features a panel of journalists, including host John McElroy — a long-time auto industry journalist and analyst — and often one automaker or supplier executive guest. Typically runs 45 – 60 minutes. http://www.autoline.tv/journal/?cat=1513
3. Autoline Daily – the first video podcast/webcast of industry news and analysis, running about 7-8 minutes and hosted by John McElroy and Sean McElroy. http://www.autoline.tv/daily/
4. Autoline This Week – an Emmy Award-winning, weekly half-hour discussion program featuring top automotive executives and a panel of journalists discussing the latest automotive topics, issues and trends. Co-hosted by John McElroy and Automotive Design & Production magazine editor Gary Vasilash, the show also runs on many PBS TV stations across the country. http://www.autoline.tv/journal/?cat=14813
5. Automotive News TV’s AutoNewsNow with Tom Worobec – an afternoon daily video newscast that in 5 minutes rounds up the top automotive stories of the day.
6. Automotive News TV’s First Shift – a daily five-minute morning video newscast from Automotive News featuring Jennifer Vuong that briefs executives on the top stories each business day morning. http://www.autonews.com/section/video01
7. Automotive News TV’s Weekend Drive – a 10-minute podcast/newscast that runs every Saturday, and wraps up the week’s top automotive news stories. Usually hosted by Automotive News staffers Jason Stein, Mike Martinez and/or Mike Wayland. http://www.autonews.com/section/video09
8. Plastics News Bumper to Bumper – a three-to-four minute monthly video from Plastics News, the weekly newspaper of the plastics industry, focusing on automotive plastics news. www.plasticsnews.com/section/videos/1125
9. SAE Eye on Engineering – a weekly one-minute video podcast from the Society of Automotive Engineers and Editor-in-Chief Lindsay Brooke on automotive engineering topics and trends. Also offered in an audio-only podcast, which is broadcast via WJR-AM 760 Detroit every Monday morning. https://www.sae.org/news/video
If you have additional suggestions, please leave them in the comments section below.
You might also enjoy:
1) The Top 10 North American Influencers for Automotive Suppliers