888 W. Big Beaver Road Suite 777
Troy, Michigan 48084
P: 248.269.1122 F: 248.269.8202
Every professional service firm using social media is wondering the same things: are we focusing on the right things? Are we doing too much … or not enough? How are we doing versus our competitors?
We can provide some insight.
For our Social Media Use by Professional Services (SMUPS) study of 25 top Detroit professional service firms (as ranked by Crain’s Detroit Business), we analyzed more than 8,300 posts from Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and YouTube. We then crunched the data to create an average firm profile, which shows that:
Looking for more ways to take your firm beyond ‘average’ in 2016? Here are some key take aways from the SMUPS study:
1. Use LinkedIn more.
2. Share more media coverage. And if you’re not generating enough positive coverage – let’s talk!
3. Incorporate more visuals; that’s what people “read” nowadays
4. Make more of your posts interactive.
5. Create and share more content that is NOT about you.
6. Post more about your company and its employees: things that people connect with
7. Customize each post for the platform’s unique characteristics and audience – one size does not fit all.
Looking for more insight and fixes you can implement quickly? Check out Five Tips for Professional Service Firms to Improve Social Media Marketing in 2016.