Build Your Business Using Facebook
To download a PDF of this article, click here (will open new window).
Perhaps there isn’t an executive or business owner out there who hasn’t heard it: “We need a Facebook page!” “We need to post more!” “We need more likes!” As company Facebook pages have become commonplace in almost every business segment, many business people are still a bit perplexed as what to do after setting up their page.
Here are a few tips for a well-rounded company Facebook page, from the perspective of a business-to-business firm:
The goal of wall posts is to inform or to engage users. The more likes, comments and shares a post receives, the more visibility gained by potential followers.
- Update your wall with current activities and projects so followers will have a sense of constant action.
- Ask questions and solicit opinions to better understand your community.
- Post pictures and videos of events, products and news conferences.
- Include links to news stories and blog entries.
- Tag locations and any related pages. For example, if you’re posting a news release about teaming up with another company, tag that company so that it shows up on their timeline. Doing so will increase visibility and potential followers.
About Us App
This app gives your company a face or personality. There are many ways to do this depending on the size of your company.
- Bios of staff members, board members, key contact people or selected professionals who have contact with your customers.
- Check out the Bianchi PR Facebook page to see how we personalized our business by having each employee answer a set of questions
- A list of popular products and services offered by your company.
- Client testimonials – putting faces on your company’s customers.
Events are a great way to showcase what’s going on at your company and keep followers informed.
- Special promotions or sales
- Industry events your company is attending
- Events hosted by your company
Add Company Milestones
Milestones offer a unique way for users to view your company’s history. They also ensure that those big moments don’t get lost in the shuffle with other wall posts.
- Company anniversary
- New client announcements
- New hires
- Award nominations and acceptances
The key is to use your company Facebook page as a way to build a community. Temper your desire to promote your company with information that is useful or interesting to your followers. Look at Facebook as a way to get feedback, inspiration and ideas to further your business.